Sunday, February 13, 2011

"the" twins

 I love having twins.  I love seeing how unique they each are (and knowing it is their personalities because they are being raised the same).  It is so fun to have a boy and girl and see how they interact with each other and with everyone around them.  I think one of the very best things about having twins is that they always have a playmate.  If one of them is sleeping while the other is awake they simply don't know what to do with themselves.  They usually end up wandering around whining and bored.  I'm just so thankful that they have each other and I hope they're always close.

Interestingly I don't find myself calling them "the twins" much, if at all. I usually call them "the babies" or by their names. I don't mind AT ALL when other people refer to them that way. I think being a twin will always be a big part of their identity and should be because it's really special. I guess I just don't want them to feel like their "twinhood" is their only identity and I want to make sure I recognized them for their own individuality.

Anyway, their differences fascinate me. Take something as simple as eating for instance. Here are some pictures of them in their high chairs a couple of days ago. I don't know if you can tell, but Ezra's tray is so neat and tidy and he was picking up each piece of food with his two fingers one at a time.  Eden's, on the other hand, is so messy and crazy.  She thought the peas were fun to squish all over her hands and tray and hair.  Her facial expression in this picture explains it all.





They are so funny.  These next pictures I just had to post because, well, they're adorable :)



3 comments:

Megan said...

omigoodness! You have the most adorable babies! And they are hardly babies anymore! I loved the pics of them at the park. I showed my coworkers because I thought they were so precious!

Ashley said...

Cutest. Kids. Ever. And that's coming from the mom of a pretty cute kid herself!

Liz Smith said...

i just want to hug and squeeze them.