Thursday, January 13, 2011

Hi! My name is Candie and I am a Mormon.

I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  I am a Christian.  I believe that the Bible is the word of God, AND I also believe the Book of Mormon to be the word of God.  The Book of Mormon is a book translated from ancient records from people who lived in this land (the Americas) before and after Christ's birth. 


A few months ago our Bishop at church challenged us to read the Book of Mormon again by the end of the year.  I got a late start, so I ended up reading 10 - 20 pages a day, but I'm happy to say that I finished it on New Year's Eve.  This was great experience for me and strengthened my testimony that I know this book is true!  I have read it many times and try to read at least parts of it daily.  But, this time I read it front to back in such a short amount of time that I could really see the fulfillment of the prophecies about Jesus Christ.  Prophets from the beginning of the book all the way through the end prophesied and testified of the Savior.  The day I read about Christ's birth and the signs being fulfilled I rejoiced!  The Savior came!  He was born and lived on the earth.  He atoned and died for each of us.  The most amazing thing to me, though, is that he was ressurected and lives again!  And he opened the gates for all of us to live again.
I'm thankful for that knowledge and for this book which is truly "Another Testament of Jesus Christ".