Friday, August 27, 2010

august (and too lazy to add pictures to this post)

Oh hey, yeah it's me. We're alive and well...just been too busy to blog!

So much has happened this month! Our babies turned 8 months old on the 22nd. I can NOT believe they will be a year old in only a few short months. It is so fun watching them learn!

Ezra now has SIX teeth broken through. He just got his first one a month ago but they all decided to come at once :). He has also mastered crawling pretty well. He pulls himself up to standing too...and for a while there he couldn't figure out how to get back down again. He has figured that one out too which is nice because he doesn't just stand there crying anymore.

Eden is super-fast-crawler-baby. She is there one minute and then I turn around and find her down the hallway just like that (snap fingers). She is both sweet and stubborn (yes, it can happen) and her hair is crazy as ever. Her favorite thing to do is crawl into the kitchen and play with the little spinner thingy on the dishwasher that says "clean" or "dirty". Both of them are "talking" a lot and even talking to each other. Maybe all those rumors about "twin speak" have some truth to them?

The babies have tried lots of foods now: rice cereal, oatmeal, squash (their fav), carrots, sweet potatoes (another fav), green beans, peas, corn, pears, apples, bananas (i do not like their poopies after they eat bananas - yuck! just imagine what a banana looks like when it's about a week too ripe). We have tried feeding them those little Gerber puff things...Ezra likes them pretty well but Eden refuses to eat them. She sticks out her tongue to block us from putting it in her mouth. And, if we can sneak one in she acts like she is choking. Can you say drama queen?? :) Oh well, maybe she'll like them once she gets some teeth.

Last weekend was way fun. We visited Josh's sister Haley and her family. They live in the cutest little town on the coast called Cayucos. And their house is like 200 yards from the beach. I'm not exaggerating. We actually camped out in their back yard and it was so amazing to hear the ocean waves all night long. Mom and Dad Green went and Josh's brother Jeremy and his wife Ashley came for a day too. The babies got to meet their cousin Addison for the first time and Their other cousins Brighton and Jace were great with them. Haley and her husband Matt are starting a new business selling stand up paddle boards and equipment. Haley took us to Morro Bay and we got to try SUP (that's what you call it when you're in the know). It's like a surf board, but you stand up and use long paddle to move. We had a ton of fun. Thanks for having us Haley!

This last wednesday (the 25th) was our 3rd wedding anniversary! 3 years and 2 kids. Crazy! I can honestly say it's been an amazing 3 years and I look forward to many more! Josh is such a sweet husband. He is always trying to make me happy. Plus he cooks and cleans most nights so what more can a girl ask for ;) But seriously, I scored big time by marrying him. He is the best.

Well, today was a nice surprise. I got to stay home from work because my parents are sick (feel better soon marmie). I wish I could stay home everyday, but I cherish days like these at home with my babes. They are growing so fast and I just try to soak up every minute (they are napping right now btw, in case you are wondering why i'm on the computer instead of playing with them :) ) Anyhoo, because the weather was nice and because I was already up early this morning, I went jogging for the first time post pregnancy. It was killer, but I'm glad I did it. I know it'll get easier the more I do it.

That's august in a nutshell. Hopefully i'll get around to more posts and pictures next month~

3 comments:

Brooke Trogdon said...

It's crazy how fast they grow up! I mean Evan just had his 6 moth appointment even though he's closer to 7 months and his next one will be after he is 1!!!! Crazy! I can't believe it

Liz Smith said...

happy anniversary! i can't believe it's been 3 years for you guys already. we're celebrating 6 in a few short months. crazy!!! time sure flies!

The Cobabes said...

I'm glad you're still alive. We should all get together sometime soon. I would love to see your babes! I think the last time I saw them was general conference in April??

We just celebrated our 3 year too...3 years for us and 2 kids as well. Happy belated anniversary! Miss you!