Sunday, July 4, 2010

god bless america, land that i love!

First of all...



HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!!!



The 4th of July is one of my favorite holidays! We had a lot of fun going to Lincoln last night for fireworks with my family, and our friends Joe, Brooke, Evan and Penny. The show was pretty spectacular. Maybe I'll try to get Josh to upload a video from last night. I am thankful to live in this country and enjoy so many freedoms!



One freedom that I am especially grateful for today is the freedom to worship how I want. Today while Josh and I were teaching our primary class (10-12 year olds) something really neat happened. We were talking about Joshua and the Battle of Jericho. I'll spare you the details, but basically I could just see a light bulb go on with one of the girls in our class and I knew she had felt the Spirit and learned something. It gave me goosebumps and I'm feeling very blessed to be able to serve in the primary and in the church.

God Bless America!!

2 comments:

Tessa Buys said...

We loved that lesson last week! Although today's lesson was a little less exciting because we were all so tired from getting home from fireworks at midnight or later :). Happy 4th of July!

Brooke Trogdon said...

We enjoyed spending our 4th with you and your family! Thanks for inviting us!