Friday, May 14, 2010

wonderful week

It's finally my day off...E & E are both sleeping...I should probably shower, but I thought I'd do a little bloggy blog instead.

I had a wonderful 1st Mother's Day! Josh made me breakfast and got me a little digital picture frame for my desk at work - already filled with pictures of our family. It was so thoughtful... and I love that I can look at it and be reminded of why I'm at work every day.My mom surprised me and had the babies' pictures taken at Picture People in the mall one day. She gave me a big framed picture of the babies looking at each other smiling! Makes my heart melt :)

That evening we went to my parents house and got to talk (well, actually Skype) with my little brother Drake who is on a mission in the Philippines. It was so great to see him and how happy he is serving the people and the Lord. He is growing and learning so much. Here are a couple of pictures of little Dwakey (for those of you who know Drake, he really is "little" now - he's lost about 80 lbs).




The babies had their 4 month well-baby check up about a week ago too. They actually went a little late - they are going to be 5 months old in 8 more days! Anyhoo, they are lookin' great. We will probably start them trying rice cereal soon. Crazy how fast time flies. Anyway, here are their stats:

Eden:
Height: 25"
Weight: 16lb 3oz
Head: 98th percentile
To sum it up, the doctor says she's a short chubby baby with a big head. We love her! She is the sweetest girl. She is all smiles from the moment she wakes up. Her hair has been compared to chick fluff and velcro (it's fuzzy) and she LOVES to stick her tongue out. She is a squeeker - she loves to talk to herself, her brother and mom and dad. Oh, and if you lay her down on her tummy she does an insta-roll. She prefers sleeping on her back or side these days. She is just such a joy!

Ezra:
Height: 26"
Weight: 16lbs 12oz

Head: 91st percentile
He is happy and healthy! He is such a cute boy! He's a lot more calm now and doesn't scream anymore that much. He has been talking more and more too. He's good at grabbing toys and has the biggest bluest eyes ever. And Grammy found Ezzy's TICKLE BUTTON. When she tickles him, he just laughs his head off - it is hilarious! (he is super ticklish when she does it, not so much me or josh).

E & E laugh and smile at each other too. It is the cutest. We are so grateful they are growing and are healthy!

No comments: