Saturday, December 5, 2009

update and paranoia

well, at my last ultrasound "twin B" (baby boy) was measuring 5lbs 13 oz and "twin A" (baby girl) was measuring 5lbs 3 oz. so, since one is a lot bigger than the other my doc wants me to go in twice a week until the end of my pregnancy now to do non-stress testing--just to make sure they are each getting enough blood flow and are moving like they should. so, i'm pretty much going to live at Kaiser in december i think. i don't mind though, especially because yesterday was my last day of work!!!

ok, this is random but last night i was watching a show on the discovery channel about multiples and they showed a woman having quadruplets. when they pulled them out, the nurses were so rough with the babies! flinging them around and turning them upside down, holding them with one hand, etc etc. i was horrified! what if they drop my babies!? am i the only one paranoid about this?

on a brighter note, josh's co-workers gave us a baby shower last night at BJ's in folsom (& we saw the Kutys there which i was excited about). it was a lot of fun and j's work friends were very generous. i can't thank everyone enough for all the help and generousity you've shown us! we truly are blessed.

4 comments:

Perfectly Precocious said...

I had my first two at Mercy San Juan, and then Jaxon at Kaiser. I thought Mercy San Juan was good, but Kaiser was amazingly good. So since you'll be "living" there, I don't think there is a better place to be for baby and mommy care. And my nurses didn't fling Jaxon around - they were really gentle. I'm so excited for you!!!

Brooke Trogdon said...

I think you won't need to be paranoid. Just say your prayers and I believe that the new Kaiser is fantastic. They handle babies every day and maybe they feel more comfortable doing things a first time mom wouldn't. Plus I learned that babies are very resilliant and they're stronger than you think. Plus, i just think having babies brings out that "mama bear" feeling and you'll do great. You just have a lot to get used to and as of right now, it's ALL unknown. You'll do great!

oh and ps. i watched "i didn't know I was pregnant" "deliver me" and "i'm pregnant and..." um, i think i should stay away from those types of shows. they kinda freak me out.

Liz Smith said...

im sure everything is going to be just fine. we're thinking about you and your babies. good luck this month! :)

Dani said...

Are you delivering at Kaiser Roseville? We had Taylor there in May and it went great and they were all sweet and gentle with him. Good luck with everything and let us know if you need anything at all.