Sunday, May 10, 2009

Food Storage

Our bishop's wife has had a dry pack canner in her garage and made the announcement a couple weeks ago that she would only have it for another couple weeks. So, Brooke T. and I decided we should do some canning! Josh and I canned oats, flour, sugar (brown and white), split peas, beans, rice and some other random stuff. It was a lot of fun and it feels good to have a little on hand in case we (or our neighbors) are ever in a situation where we need it.

Before:


After:

We even got some food "storage" for Sandals :)



Now we just need a place to store it! The one bedroom apartment is getting a little cramped (oo, on that note, we're going to look at houses this week!)

1 comment:

Brooke Trogdon said...

YAY I love it! Does cat food really stay? Haha, that would be smelly can to open anyways. Oh well, I hope the house looking turns out, I'm excited to see them.