Sunday, December 28, 2008

December Happenings (aka the longest post ever)

Wow, it's been a busy month. Here are some updates from our little life. I'm going to try to make them brief...

The day after Thanksgiving, we started decorating for Christmas! The sooner the better :) Josh's dream is to have a house decorated like the Griswald's on Christmas Vacation. He's working on it. (And yes, that is an 8 foot inflatable Winnie the Pooh on our apartment porch).
December 3rd we had Mom and Dad Green and Ryan over for dinner for mom's birthday. It was a lot of fun to have them come by.

This month, Josh and I have both started new hobbies. Josh has been perfecting his sewing skills by making fleece hats and scarves. He even sold a couple to his co-workers. He really is a creative guy my husband.I decided to try my hand at cake decorating. Trulie, Mom and I took a cake decorating class at Michael's for 4 nights in December. It was fun to learn the basic techniques. Hopefully I'll get better over time. Here are the 3 cakes I made.


Saturday, Dec 20th, we went with the Trogdons to get hot chocolate and see Christmas lights. Here's Joe and Brooke all bundled up ready to go. Notice the scarf Joe is sporting--it's a Josh Green Original :)
Then the week of Christmas.....
We've had, lets see, I guess today will be the 5th non-stop day of Christmas get-togethers between our families. We love it!

Christmas eve we spent at Grandma Cottman's in Granite Bay:

Christmas morning Josh and I woke up super early and opened our gifts to each other:
Then we headed over to the Greens in EDH for a full day of Christmas fun. It was so nice to have everyone on Josh's side of the family home for Christmas. And we got to meet our niece Addison for the first time. She is such a cutie!

The day after Christmas we did Green family pictures and took the family out to lunch for our Christmas gift to everyone. Then Saturday (12/27/08) we made the trip to Loomis to my parents' house for family pictures and then a Christmas party with my mom's side of the fam. My grandpa Blaine dresses up as Santa for the little kids and everyone just plays games and hangs out. It was a fun, busy day.

The BEST part of the day, though, was that my little brother Drake got to open his mission call!! He is going to the Philippines, Naga mission. He reports to the MTC on March 18th!!We are so happy to live close to family and to be with them this time of year. And we are THANKFUL for the gift of God's Son, Jesus Christ and for the restored Gospel on the earth. It is our greatest blessing. Merry Christmas everyone!

5 comments:

Brooke Trogdon said...

I LOVED this post and I feel so honored to be a part of it. The hot cocoa and the lights were so much fun! Your Christmas sounds like ours, very busy! Congratulations on your brother's mission call, mine is about to go back out. Oh and by the way, Joe and I agree that Josh looks good with the goatee and the baby. Keep it up!

Liz Smith said...

well now i REALLY have to learn how to sew if the men are starting to do it!

i love your pictures and your cake decorating is looking awesome!! that's on my list of things to learn. :) Happy New Year!!!

Velay said...

Happy New Year! That was a really long blog. You were a busy woman. But it sounds so fun. Well good for Josh, that's a lot more sewing than I'm doing.

And the cake decorating. That's something I want to do, but for some reason, I'm just a little afraid. Your cakes look great. Go Candie!

What's next on the list? Oh yes, a baby. All I have to say is Dan is on a teacher salary and we're about to have three kids. Everything will fall into place. Besides I can't wait to see a mini Candie. I think your first one will be a girl. Maybe I'm just being hopeful. Take care!

Candie said...

Wait, V--are you already pregnant? Is that what you mean by "about to have 3 kids"?? or are you just planning...

Mac Family said...

Sorry your christmas card is on it's way, technical errror....but yes I am pregnant. I'm due in May. Our third and final one!